- Buy WIC checks for cash.
- Accept WIC checks for non-wic food.
- Accept WIC checks for payment for past purchases.
- Accept WIC checks for credit.
- Are not WIC authorized but accept WIC checks anyway.
- Overcharge for WIC food.
How to contact WIC
You can tell WIC about someone you know or suspect of Program abuse by:
- Calling the Toll Free Maryland WIC Hotline at 1-800-242-4942. The operator will transfer you to WIC customer service, available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You do not have to give your name.
- Submitting the completed Maryland WIC Program Fraud and Abuse form electronically.
- Printing the Maryland WIC Program Fraud and Abuse form and:
a. Mailing it to:
Maryland WIC Program
201 West Preston Street, Room 103
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
b. Faxing to the Maryland WIC Program at 410-333-5683.
Remember, you do not have to give us your name. Thank you for helping us to identify fraud and abuse in the Maryland WIC Program!