Top Ten Things To Do When Your Baby Won't Stop Crying
- 10. Check to see if the baby is wet.
- 9. Check to see if the baby is hungry. When was the last feeding?
- 8. Talk to the baby calmly; rub the baby's back; give baby hugs.
- 7. Take a deep breath; you are doing the best you can!
- 6. Give the baby a soothing bath.
- 5. Sing to the baby or read a book to the baby.
- 4. Play some classical music; Mozart works very well.
- 3. Call the pediatrician if you think the baby is sick.
- 2. Go for a walk; put the baby in the car seat and go for a drive; call you support person (someone you and the baby know well).
- 1. When all else fails:
"TAKE A BREAK, BUT NEVER EVER SHAKE A BABY"
Created by Beverly Byron, RN, MSN
Shaken Baby Prevention Program
Montgomery County Health Department
201 W. Preston Street, Room 306
Baltimore Md 21201