MATCH - The Maryland Assessment Tool for Community Health
Maryland Assessment Tool for Community Health (MATCH) features statistics for Maryland resident health events. Health officials, health practitioners, public health researchers and others can find Maryland population estimates along with statistics on births to Maryland resident mothers, resident deaths and hospitalizations. The information is aggregated by year of event, by county of residence and by other population characteristics. MATCH is sponsored by the Family Health Administration and is developed in partnership with the Maryland Vital Statistics Administration and the Maryland Health Care Commission.
A Quick-Start manual for first-time users of MATCH may be opened from the main Home Page of the MATCH site. Topic-specific manuals describing related MATCH data and giving very detailed descriptions of the analysis tools may be viewed and downloaded from each topic Home Page. All users are encouraged to download and read the manuals provided for the topical datasets.
Using MATCH tools, a user may construct tables, bar charts and maps of...
(1) Population Estimates, by age, race, gender, ethnicity and county of residence
(2) Births by newborn, maternal and birth event characteristics
(3) Deaths by cause, demographic and other death event characteristics
(4) Hospital Discharges, including diagnoses, co-morbid conditions, procedures, charges and length of stay data and many other hospitalization-related characteristics.
NOTES TO USERS:
- This application works best with version 7 of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer Browser (or earlier versions). There are minor difficulties with the “back button” functions under the latest Internet Explorer version 8. We are trying to resolve this issue; however, the queries and data displays are accurate and are not affected by the problem. Until a fix is implemented, MATCH staff recommend using the older versions of Internet Explorer.